Sunday, November 19, 2006

Menopause 1

I told the bill collector I was not paying the bill, because It was not me in the hospital....but then I saw this picture. I thought I'd play up on this menopause memory loss bit.
Two days ago, I decided to search the internet about menopause. I read the many symptoms that comes with menopause and one of them is heart palpitations. I could kick myself for not reading up on it before. Two weeks before I left Dallas to come to the Philippines, I was admitted to the hospital for some symptoms that I thought were that of a stroke. After 2 days and 15,000 usd in medical bills, the doctor released me and all he could say was that I was having panick attacks. What in the world is that? Or why is that? I knew that several years prior I was slowly introduced to this body I am not familiar with. Memory loss, difficulty to focus, on a good day. Then there's the, "I am fat, I am ugly, nothing fits, I just want to cry..leave me alone or I am filing for divorce if I don't kill you," days. The medical bill was bad enough but the doctor not really able to tell you why, is frustrating to say the least. But now I understand, why I have this crazy heartbeats. Now I can justify those good and bad days. There are so many books written about menopause and I did not think of reading them before because, I don't think I should. One of those books said in the front cover that with menopause comes wisdom and power. How is that wisdom and power when I can't even remember what I said just now? Well, see I was going to write about wanderlust and end up with menopause. So I better quit before I lose focus again.

No comments: