Saturday, May 03, 2008

Oh Well...Here I go Again

This is so not cool anymore. Jimmy Buffet came to town, right in my neighborhood and I missed it. No, I am not a parrothead but that's beside the point. How could I miss Jimmy Buffet goosing the local parrotheads?
Because I was "preoccupied" with Arnel Pineda. I am not ready to use the word "obsessed" so I am being gentle with myself here. Nothing and no one makes me lose my head - not film or sports celebrities anyway. Well, unless you count the time last year when I was at the Masters' Tournament and I cried because Tiger Woods stepped on my toes - not really, but you know what I mean? That close.

The last 3 weeks, I am only getting 3 to 4 hours of sleep. I have jumped over the fence and crossed the line of sanity. This is my typical day now; before I go to sleep, I watch Arnel Pineda videos. I used to when I wake up, stagger straight to the kitchen and grind my own beans to make coffee. (a pound costing more than my hourly pay) Yes, that's how discriminating I am with my caffeine. But now, I go straight to my computer - flickering my tired, sleepy lashes and watch more Arnel Pineda videos! By then, I am late for work so I just stir up some instant Nescafe. Then when I get to work I watch some more of his videos, of course, not minding my co-workers rolling eyes. When the phone rings I get ticked that I am being disturbed in my humming -- highway run, in the midnight sun....
I also now call him My Arnel. "Now that is sick", my daughter says.

After my last post someone emailed me, asking if I will be writing more about AP. I said, "I hope not, what else could I say about him anymore?" But I was wrong, I still am not able to shut up about My Arnel. My friends are obligingly kind - they indulge me even when I am riding on their last nerves - because of my talking constantly about My Arnel.

But one just could not stand it anymore, he told me the other day, " You are like a post turtle"
A what? "Did you ever drive down a country road and come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top? You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he can't get anything done while he's up there, and you just want to help the poor thing down. That's a post turtle. In other words, you need to get back down to earth and be useful again."
But I am useful, I protested. Because in my "preoccupation" with My Arnel I make sure to pray for him.

I say, Lord Jesus, please take care of Arnel's vocal cords, because I know that them Journey songs are known to rip vocal chords, but I also understand that if You brought him to this level, You can and will protect him. Also Lord, if Cherry and Cherub can't come with him on his tours, please take care of them back home and comfort Cherry's heart so she won't worry about them groupies. It would be nice if You arrange a visa for them but in time, I know You will do that.
I know You know this Lord, but Arnel needs to sing only when necessary, so please don't let him sing again with SyaSya and Martin. They look ridiculously pathetic next to him.
Oh, and another thing Lord, would You please tell the Filipinos in California when they meet Arnel at the airport, not to kiss him hard on the cheek so he won't misalign his already problematic jaw? Or better yet, tell them not to kiss him at all. Because, really, I can't handle another video of them hogging him while I watch and salivate.

And with that prayer I sign off with a prayer for myself : to come out of lala land, so I can sleep again, do my job at work that I am paid to do and most of all write again like I am an adult - in my right mind. And I mean write again, but enough already about My Arnel.


No comments: