Friday, May 30, 2008

What's ailing me and the balm

"Why did you live your lives so blatantly, so flamboyantly? I'm sorry, but if Brian Gorrell don't get you, then I will." - Kitty Go


As much as I wanted to quit Arnel Pineda cold turkey, I have been unable to. I tried by controlling myself from peeking at Arnelpinedafans.com then wham! there are more videos and update about Journey and of Arnel. I love this site!!!
And as much as I want to continue living in my fantasy world ogling, daydreaming and exercising poetic license (excessively) in my writing about Arnel the reality remains that back home –the Philippines, things are not well. The things that are bothering me so much lately are the POEA, the Vicente Soto Medical Center scandal and Lex Adonis –the jailed media man. I am still researching on these issues, but I have finally seen the video of the infamous surgery in Cebu. At first, I could not make a serious comment on it, as I did not have any proof. But after analyzing the video, I can definitely say those medical personnel involved need to be hanged. So where are the same people who thought Terri Hatcher’s statement was worth protesting about?
Even though I still own properties and maintain an apartment in the Philippines, I don’t have to go back there anymore, but Arnel has to. He will go back to that mess where the POEA instead of helping and assisting the OFW (the number one breadwinner for the Philippines, in their billions of dollars in remittances) consistently finds ways to bleed the OFW financially. One in particular that makes my blood curdle is their so-called PeDos fee (Pre-departure Seminar fee). God forbid if they miss one more opportunity to suck more blood out of the turnip. Who is the monkey with the peanut brain who heads the POEA? Call me I need to teach you a few things. Then there’s the case of politicos suing media people for libel. Mike Arroyo at the last count has sued at least 43 journalists. I like his wife Gloria though. Although I myself have some problem with the ethics or lack thereof of some of these Filipino journalists, most of them are very disciplined and exercised journalistic professionalism. Kitty Go and I are on the same wavelength on this issue of libel and the media, reason I like her.
My editor and mentor told me I have to get back and finish my book by January and stop this insanity about Arnel, that Arnel is not cutting the check. But hey, money saved is money earned; Arnel is my Xanax and Zoloft combined. Can you tell that when I wrote of the above; POEA, etc, I am prone to violence but writing about Arnel transports me to lala land? Oh well.

No comments: