Thursday, June 05, 2008

After All These Years



Courtesy of the Jerry Channel-Thanks

I was talking to my daughter on the phone the other day and she warned me right off that she was hoping to get through another day without me talking about Arnel. So I said fine. "But isn't it cute that Jonathan Cain proclaimed on national tv that he "has become a better guy" because of ......?" I could tell she took a deep breath. She remembered what I taught her: When you get mad, take a deep breath and hold it.

Anyway, "After All These Years" was written by Jonathan Cain for his wife of 20 years. He wrote it in 40 minutes and after his wife heard it she was "touched" which made Jon believe he's got a winner of a composition. And it is. I imagine Mrs. Cain goosed to the bone and teary eyed - exactly how I feel too about this song and I don't even have royalties trickling to my bank account.

No comments: