Saturday, June 21, 2008

Here's the recipe- cottage pie





The first time I was in Hongkong we stayed at The Peninsula and sure had great memories of it, but one place that I remember with fondness is the Ned Kelly's bar (yeah, I hate that word bar) where they serve cottage pies flown in from Australia. I don't care for pot pies or it's relative but my friend Chelsea, gave me another version of it, and I like it because I like spicy dishes. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients :
2 boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix,8.5 oz each ( I like more crust so I use 2boxes)
1 15 oz can ranch style beans
1 10 oz can rotel tomatoes
1/2 lb of ground meat - I prefer pork -but you can also use mutton or lamb
onion powder, salt and pepper -season to taste

Brown the meat and drain then add the beans and tomatoes stirring to mix it. Mix the cornbread according to package directions and line the casserole dish with half of the mixture. Spread the meat mixture on top then cover with the rest of the cornbread mix. Bake for 30 minutes and voila!! Good for breakfast too..yummm.

No comments: