Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Journey's Revelation CD and old me

When teens get obsessed about something and they don't get it, they lock themselves in their room and put on their headsets with blaring sounds. But try depriving old people and they start asking for the manager. I walked in to Wal-Mart at 6:25 this morning and went to the music section expecting to see the shelf filled with Journey's Revelation album and the supervisor didn't even know who Journey is or the album that contractually is only available at Wal-mart. I was about to make a scene- "What do you mean you don't know Journey, I need to speak to the manager. And why is it not out and displayed?"
The guy arranging the shelf looked at me like I was small, then he walked towards the back and came back glaring at me like I was a distraction to his quiet existence. I'm not required to work I'm only required to stand here and breath kind of existence. He handed me the CD without a word. I rushed to the check out counter but calm and with springs on my step.
My boyfriend who lives 50 states away from me was still on my cell phone waiting - I forgot about him. He sounded annoyed, " Babe, you're embarassing me with that asking for the manager bit." Embarassed? Imagine if he was standing next to me.

No comments: