Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's your Passion?

Last night my friend Juliet from Manila and I talked for almost 2 hours (thanks to Yahoo voice). In person we can sit and talk all day. And yet, I never knew that she has a passion for photography. (That's what happens when you only talk about people and not about ideas).

I have always admired people who knows what their passion in life is and knows to go for it. For me, I always struggled narrowing down what my real passion in life was.
I love to travel and that I do more than the average person, but I am not one to go to another country and visit their museums and or historical sights. Ancient ruins never evoked anything out of me except ruin my day. I did not have the appetite for art or history, the only appetite I knew I had was for food.

But when I turned 50, I started viewing the world around me with an artistic lense. I began to appreciate paintings,photography and music. Probably why suddenly beyond my control, I was mesmerized by Arnel Pineda. And lately, to the horror of Chat, I told her that there's some chemistry slowly developing between me and Ross Valory too. Is chemistry the same as art? Oh Snap.

I really need to work on my knowledge of musical instruments because once, I read a review of Neal Schon and "his Les Paul" - I thought Les was his boyfriend.
Anyway, I was encouraged by Juliet's desire to pursue her artistic passion, that I thought, I would start pursuing mine too. Today, I went out and got my first kit.




My butterfly coloring book and a box of Crayola.

No comments: