Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ever since the World Began

I don't know what happened but the whole post and video of Arnel Pineda on 6/14 was deleted. I think it was eaten by the virus that plagued my desktop last week or it may have been gone before that- that's the extent of my computer knowledge as to explain the disappearance. But this video is very special to me because as I have mentioned before, you can see how Arnel performed pre-Journey days. It did not matter that he was performing in some obscure bar in Olongapo City, he gave it his all.


Notice the date stamped on the video - June 21, 2007, seven days later on June 28 Neal Schon and Arnel Pineda made contact. And 8 months to the day, February 21, 2008Arnel performed before 25 million live and tv audience in Chile. Now you tell me God did not arrange all that. Here's the lyric.

I'll never know what brought me here,
As if somebody led my hand,
It seems I hardly had to steer,
My course was planned.
And destiny it guides us all,
And by it's hand we rise and fall,
But only for a moment,
Time enough to catch our breath again.

*and we're just another piece of the puzzle,
Just another part of the plan,
How one live touches the other
Is so hard to understand --
Still we walk this road together,
We try and go as far as we can,
And we have waited for this moment in time,
Ever since the world began. *

Taking in the times gone by,
We wonder how it all began,
We'll never know and still we
Try to understand,
And even though the seasons change,
The reasons shall remain the same,
It's love that keeps us holding on
Till we can see the sun again.

And I stand alone, a man of stone,
Against the driving rain--
And the night -- it's got your number,
And the wind -- it cries your name --
And we search for clues, win or lose,
In this we're all the same --
The hope still burns eternal,
We're the keeper of the flame--

No comments: