Saturday, July 19, 2008

Help Wanted


There’s nothing I hate more than feeling sorry for myself. But today, I was unable to avoid it. I have wanted a bookcase, but it has to be built to a certain specification to fit around one corner in my living room. I called a handyman referred to me by my boss but the guy won’t return my call, so I went to Home Depot trying to get some ideas if I can buy one ready made. I could not get anyone to help me and when one finally came she was just brushing me off. When I asked questions, she was like "whoa, you don't know to do this thing?"
Frustrated, I left feeling angry and sorry for myself at the same time. I went to the Container Store but raw emotions and tears I could not control just flowed I had to leave before anyone see me crying. I sat in my car feeling pathetic. Three wishes came to mind : 1) I wish I had a son that I can call on to do these man chores; a son who would pamper me like I am an invalid. 2) A husband so I don’t have to need a son. 3) Or lots of money so I don’t have to need either one.
I did not want to wallow in self-pity because really, I live a pretty blessed life. So I did what I could do for myself, I went and bought this yellow tulips. I don't like yellow but the meaning of yellow tulips has evolved from hopeless love to - cheery thoughts and sunshine. I need cheery thoughts alright, but what I really need is a husband to build me a bookcase. So call me. But make sure you come with the right tools.

No comments: