Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Journey in Dallas 7/27- part 3




I have this thorn on my side –it’s called a "job" and it’s cramping my lifestyle...it's keeping me from blogging. But I can’t wait til this weekend to talk about Sunday's concert so I will hurriedly try.
Nothing will make me stay up past 8pm, but last Sunday I literally stayed up on my feet past 1130pm. Journey didn’t come on until after 930 and OMG!!!

I don't know why they turned off the lights then use a flashlight to lead Deen to his tower. It was Deen then The Neal walked in followed by Ross, Jon then Arnel. It took me a few minutes to collect myself - I think I had an out of body experience upon looking at Journey flesh and blood. I told you I have not been to any rock concert before.
Arnel started singing and almost at the same time you could tell something was not right with his earpiece. He kept singing and motioned the technician to his left about the earpiece. He moved slowly towards the tech while continuing to sing and the tech hastily adjusted the box on Arnel’s body, but it was not fixed because Arnel cringed and squinted like he was in pain 2 more times. I prayed silently for Arnel not to bear it but go back and get it adjusted but the AP is a real trouper, he kept on singing.

First thought that came to my mind when I saw Arnel, I am glad my friends Betty and Jane are not here or they would really feel like a child molester. (at least with me, I only felt like a cougar) Arnel looked so young and so cute, if I didn’t read that he has a 19-year-old son, I would have thought he was the son. So here I was on the 4th row, timing his movements as to when he would come to our side so I can show him my sign –ARNEL PA-KISS. He kept looking our way but his facial expression seemed like he was oblivious to the sign. Finally he looked again and scanned his eyes on the sign... I could tell he got it.
I thought Arnel looked less bubbly than on the videos I have seen of him. I thought that maybe the earpiece made him uncomfortable. But mind you, the AP was still smiling. Then after the second song, the AP, instead of getting tired picked up speed, now smiling even bigger and working both sides of the stage with that sexy biting the lower lip bit, exhorting the people to sing and pretending like he’s strumming a guitar but with his microphone and holding it low - Where it should not be, if you know what I mean.
When Arnel came to our side and tried to reach out to the crowd, Arnel noticed that a couple wanted so bad to touch him, so Arnel tried hard to extend his hand over the dividing rail, he was able to reach just enough to make his and the man's index fingertips meet, the girl was short, she could not reach him so he blew her a kiss. The couple was so elated with Arnel’s effort to try to connect; they hugged each other like God just told them they were worthy to enter His kingdom. I think they would have twirled and jumped like the AP, if there was enough room to do it.
Look at the pics of the fav 5 - I could even fall for Deen too. To be continued....

No comments: