Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Tucson Review

I have been planning to go to Sedona for a quiet spa vacation at Mii Amo, (native American word for Journey) but suddenly I am in Tucson in a crowd with thousands of people behind me, it’s thundering, but right in front of me were Ross And Neal- “Wow, that’s Ross Valory and Neal Schon in person? Where’s Arnel?” The woman next to me grinning from east to west turned to tell me, “This is my first time to see a Journey concert.” Her husband offered, "I forced her."
I was euphoric and mesmerized I could not respond back to them, my eyes were glued on the men up in the stage. Neal made eye contact with me and I swooned. I gathered my strength back while the security guy just winked at me – you’ll be ok kind of wink. Didn’t even try to pick me up from the ground plus he was so tall he was blocking my view of the Neal and Ross. He moved to the side just as Arnel came leaping forward. Instead of screaming Arnel’s name I screamed Ross’s name so loud.

Ross looked down and saw my sign, “Ross Let’s Elope.” He was elated! Neal smiled too then the raindrops were getting heavier. Them guys didn’t seem to notice the rain or the thunder. Then the security guy hoisted me up the stage; it happened so fast just as the stage crew was scrambling to cover Jon’s piano and the rest of the instruments. Another crew was toweling Arnel dry. Neal and Ross pulled me to the back of the stage –they didn’t want me to help wipe Arnel. They sat me down on this hard chair across from Arnel but Ross’s hand was on my shoulder trying to hold me down, I wriggled, but I didn’t want to speak… ssshhh.

And...I didn’t want to open my eyes, I want to go back to sleep and prolong my dream but --dang,, it’s 514 a.m. Might as well get up and shower and go to my real job. I mean my real world.

No comments: