Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why I don't join Journey or AP Forum

My desktop computer is hacked or someone is trying to get to it and my firewall is wrestling with it (or that is what my friend is telling me.) So naturally I am very frustrated because I now have to use my laptop which is older than me.
Anyway, I don't know who reads my posts but someone emailed me asking If I joined any forum- Journey or AP's. The answer is no. I tried to at one time but I got stuck with the registering process so I just quit. But then I am glad I didn't. Let me give you 2 reasons.

1. Just reading the comments posted on YouTube, I got scared!!!Some people got really vulgar and spewed out some vile directed towards people who were critical of Arnel Pineda. I love Arnel and I get hurt and disconcerted when I read or hear something said that is 'unfavorable' about Arnel. But never would I become irrational or degrade myself trying to correct other people's opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own judgement and proclivity. We have to think intellectually and critically and not lash out because someone doesn't buy what we are peddling. If two people agree with each other all the time, one of them is irrelevant.

As Shakespeare said: Me thinketh you protests too much. If they don't like Arnel, no big deal. I would not want to be called names because I express my opinion about Amy Winehouse. Seriously she needs to wash that hair. Then hide it in the drawer.

2. I don't join the forum, Journey or AP, because I want to keep some mystery (if there's any left) in this insanely new bent of mine. Plus, I want to talk about it only when I want to talk about it (and I can only control that in my blog). But I peek at Journey's forum once in a while and I notice that they talk about 'riffs and bridges'. They lost me there because my knowledge about music and musical terms is very limited. I would not have something to contribute there except to tell them that I would like to elope with Ross.
And the AP forum, I stay away from because I might make them mad when they find out that I also daydream about Ross not just Arnel.

But you have to admit though, that this is a woman's ultimate fantasy - two men at the same time! One cooking and one doing the laundry.

No comments: