Saturday, August 16, 2008

No life After Journey?

I have been down in the dumps this week because my friend Paula who has been battling cancer for the last 4 years was finally told by her doctor that there's not much else they could do anymore. But Paula and I are at peace with it. Because of our personal relationship with Jesus, pain and suffering are easier to understand; we understand that God allows pain and suffering not to destroy us but to strengthen us. We understand that if God does not heal us in this world, it's because He wants us home sooner. God did not promise to get us out of trouble but rather, He says, "In your worst days I will get you through it and in your best days, I will give you great joy."

These last 4 months I struggled to explain in words the joy, the exhilarating feeling I had and in some ways, I have in part conveyed it. Scientists struggles to explain energy - yes, they can tell you what it can do, they can give you the mathematical equation of it but not the "being" of energy.

I can tell you what Journey is doing to me, but I can't tell you why. Then I wishfully say, I don't want this feeling to end. But we all know that this too shall pass. Yesterday, I had a taste of what life would be like without Journey. I was like a sick, lost dog!!!
The mountaintop feeling was not there....uh uh, this is going to cost me some money.
Imagine, instead of being glued to YouTube I will be shopping or hanging around at Starbucks and Barnes and Noble. And moving on and have a life? I thought there's no other life besides Journey.

To be continued.....

No comments: