Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines

I don't do dating service, but last year around this time approaching Valentine's day, eHarmony kept spamming my inbox with free membership for the weekend. I thought, why not? I wanted to see what people do in that environment, so I enrolled. Within 4 hours of my enrollment, I received 5 requests from men to communicate with me, then by midnight of Saturday I had a total of 14. I think because I put Angelina Jolie's picture instead of mine.

I had fun reading their profiles, their likes and dislikes and scrutinizing their pictures. Me, I get straight to the point and only have 3 important questions to ask a man anyway. You answer No, to all of these and we can proceed. 1. Are your parents still alive? 2. Is your ex-wife still alive?. Do you have any living kids? In other words, I can only handle your own drama.
There was one guy with this disclaimer in his profile : "For me to respond to you, I would need to see a picture of you because if you weigh more than me, I would have a problem with that." I thought that was cute. In my profile, I was plain: "I am simply looking for a man who will let me cook dinner for him after I get home from my second job."

Nothing came out of that free weekend because after it expired, you have to pay $29.95 a month. I am desperate but not that desperate. I can't see myself paying more than $9.99 for any man - tax included.

No comments: