Monday, March 30, 2009

I need cheese with my whine

Ok, so I am here in Cebu. The flight from Dallas to Korea started out well when I saw that the 2 seats next to me were empty, until this Vietcong from another row jumped on one of them. He wanted to give his companion his seat so his friend could lay down and he to use the 2 empty seats next to me. I expect women to be less considerate to other women but I don't expect males to do that to women. Well, he did. He immediately plopped himself occupying the 2 seats with his feet almost touching me. I wanted to whack that Vietcong but I tried to be nice. I asked him if he could tell me about train travel in Vietnam. He said: "No, you go Vietnam, ride plane. Train no good, seat smaw". Then he put on his headset. Did I say I wanted to whack that Vietcong?

Then I land in Cebu and my troubles are only beginning. The heat is killing me. And I think I caught this colds from the airplane. I wish people would cover their mouth when they cough especially in confined pressurized spaces... like the airplane? Ever since I landed I have this colds and sinus congestion and a nagging headache. With this I am struggling to enjoy my day, I can't see straight. I had all kinds of plans before I got here like, going to Vietnam and or Australia to see my cousin, but now all I want to do is get back on the plane and head back home. But where is home?

I am pretty proud and happy of this postage stamp size apartment I have here in Cebu. It's really not that small, it's bigger than that. It's about the size of a volkswagen. But don't knock it, it's better than the hostels I've stayed in and it's easier to cool. Even though I don't like the window units, it cools me just fine. Until now. I have more to complain about like this netbook I am squinting at right now but my eyes are tired therefore I don't have any energy left for my other complains.

1 comment:

g!AD2M8U said...

malipayong pag abot maam!. i'm one of your follower..taga talisay city ko..enjoy your stay, that is if you can beat the heat.)