Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cebu Pacific Air

Well, I took the 755pm flight last night from Cebu to Singapore. Cebu Pacific Air is owned by Lance Gokongwei the only son of John Gokongwei- one of the Chinese taipans in the Philippines. When Cebu Pacific had their maiden flight (Cebu/ Singapore) in 2006 I was on it and I had no complains. Then last year some writer from Cebu had devoted most of her newspaper columns complaining about Cebu Pacific's poor customer service- delayed schedule, lost baggages and that none from management had even tried to contact her to resolve her own bad experience with them.

So after I lost some money for a messed up booking to Australia because of Wings Travels foul up, I was weary about flying with Cebu Pacific in coming here. But am glad to report, Cebu Pacific delivered a decent service last night. From the counter people to the flight attendants, all was up to par...and the pilot not only got us here on time he even thanked us for "plying" with Cebu Pacific. Maybe that columnist did pave the way for me and for other future passengers.
Lance, keep an eye on your baby because I love your price and your slogan -"It's time everyone flies."

(Ok, I got to go. I should not have lied and told these 2 young British backpackers that I am a backpacker. Now they're interrupting me with questions about trains and buses to get out of Singapore. Heck if I know. Maybe I should tell them about Cebu Pacific and sell my island instead. )

No comments: