Thursday, April 23, 2009

Changi Budget Terminal

Well, Cebu Pacific brought me back to Cebu after being delayed 2 hours. My flight was supposed to leave at midnite, but we didn't take off the ground til 2 a.m. I started to fret but if anyone is to get stuck at an airport, there's no better airport to get stuck in but Changi airport in Singapore.

When the taxi driver asked me what terminal, I told him terminal B. He said it's supposed to be in numbers like T1 or T2. I told him B means "budget" terminal - where Tiger and Cebu Pacific lands and takes off. "Oooh, Budget doesn't sound good, it means cheap, ok we call it B."

The "budget" terminal not only has wi-fi, it has 6 computers, has a 7-11 store, 3 restaurant that stayed open and 2 shops that sells reasonably priced souvenir items plus a well-stocked bookstore. Not to mention the comfortable couches to plop your tired behind while watching tv. All of the above I can do without as long as the rest rooms are clean. The rest rooms were not only clean, it flushed and swished like 2-3 different times, I had to stare at it in disbelief. What? I don't have to use a bucket like in Cebu airport.?

So instead of fretting because of the delay, I ate one more time - doesn't matter if I needed food or not. I had to have roasted duck at 1 a.m. Then I went to the rest room again, not that I needed to but just so I can stare at the toilet one more time. Imagine if I was at the real terminal- the one with numbers and not at B.

No comments: