Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Living in the Present

I have yet to learn how to live in the present. I am either romanticizing the past or contemplating about the future. I know this is not the way to live, God says that tomorrow has enough problems of it's own, and that we can not add a single cubit to our life by worrying. Rightly translated it means - live and thank God for the present and trust that God has the future under control. The present is the fruit of the past and the seed for the future, so be careful on what we do with it.

I love to say that there are two plans: My plan and God's plan; and my plan doesn't count. The Yiddish proverb is better said: If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans.

When I sit in my spacious and comfortable apartment in Dallas, I make all these plans on what to do when I get here in Cebu. Then I get here and sit in my postage stamp size apartment and I wilt and all plans evaporate. I am not a planner to begin with, my stepson who is a physician used to tell me in jest : Don't buy green bananas, you may not live long enough to see it ripen.

The range of my long term plan is in the context of 2 hours. Australia is no longer in the plan, after that mess up with Wings Travel, I have to cut my losses and regroup. I bought a ticket yesterday to go to Singapore instead then bus it to Melaka then on to Penang. Well, that's my plan, I hope that's God's plan too. At least let me eat laksa before I die or change my mind...again.

No comments: