Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penang

I ate too much laksa and curried dishes, I only ate cereals for breakfast while waiting for Harold, the taxi driver to take me to the ferry to Butterworth. This is at the restaurant downstairs at my hotel.
On my last night in Penang, Chandra and Frank came to my hotel and we walked over to a hawkers stall. Chandra is US educated and now lives back in Penang and works as a tennis coach. He will be going to Spain to get into a program so he can get his European licence . Frank will be going to Spain this year and I keep saying I want to go to Spain.

If I live in this condo, I would put plants or whatever to distract me from the heights- I just could not live in a high rise. I know, I am ghetto. This is the view from his front door. Either way, I got seasick. I did not tell my friend Frank when I was coming to Penang or he would have insisted that I stayed at his condo. In 2006 when I freaked out in Kuala Lumpur because it was my first time backpacking, he rescued me and put me up at his family's house. Frank is Chinese but grew up in England and retired from the British government.Penang is now his home. This is the view from his bedroom and living room on the 11th floor. I thought I would die from dizziness, I was so dizzy I thought I was on stilt and about to fall.
Asam laksa- asam meaning sour. My last meal in Penang at the hawker's stall.






No comments: