Thursday, May 28, 2009

Under abnormal circumstances

It's 330 a.m. Thursday, it's been a week since I got back here in Dallas and I'm just now slowly coming out of my coma. I arrived last Thursday, went to work half dead on Friday then crashed all weekend. Then on Monday I drove through 3 towns to get to a town called Elmo because my friend Lynn invited me to a Memorial day picnic, which under normal circumstances I would have declined because under normal circumstances I am very anti-social. But because I was jetlagged, I didn't know any better so I showed up and stuffed my face with cajun fried turkey.

I stayed around for 2 hours and tried to fish but fishes were not biting so I left and went to watch The Soloist. I love movies about mental illness, homeless people and writers - I wonder why. I really enjoyed the movie and because of jetlag I ordered pizza, coke and sour patch candy to eat inside. Under normal circumstances I don't buy anything inside the movie theater because for 1. they cost you a car and a home, 2. I don't like pizza, coke or sour patch candy 3. I can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time -in other words I can't do two things at one time, like watch a movie and eat.

So needless to say, even if I was not jetlagged I could not concentrate on the movie because I was busy picking the pepperoni from my pizza (I only eat the pepperoni) and choosing different flavors from my sour patch candy bag. I love the movie but I could not give a review of the movie because all I could remember now is when Robert Downey said, "Then I don't have a story" when he could not find the homeless man, Jamie Foxx. And that's what I say, I don't really have a story, I'm just blogging now because I can't sleep. The American Medical Association have labeled driving with less sleep just as dangerous as drunk driving, so I better avoid driving and walk to work now.

No comments: