Saturday, July 18, 2009

Boredom, Bored and Boring

Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. In yourself right now is all the place you've got. - Flannery O'Connor


I don't ever know how to be at peace with the present, I don't ever get sentimentally attached to the past and I don't ever obsess about anything. And when I did finally find an obsession -the Journey/Arnel Pineda - it only lasted less than a year. Why can't I even sustain an obsession?

Because I get bored easily my mind is on the constant state of departure. The other day, being bored at work, I tried to write down my bucket list. Here's what I came up with:

1. Find a perfect travel companion
2. Live or wander around Europe for at least 3 months with my perfect travel companion
3. Not get bored with Europe after 3 days
4. Not get bored with my perfect travel companion after 3 hours
5. Carry through #1 and #2 before I get bored just reading my list

When a person is bored, that person also becomes boring so I am trying to prevent that because the only thing worse than boring is being old and boring. If only I could obsess on not getting bored, it would be a start.

No comments: