Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Extending Grace

I stopped by Pier 1 Imports after work today because I am thinking of replacing my living room drapes. I found the design that I like but I have to get it at another store. As I was leaving, I found this wine hut - the tag was $199 down to 20.00. I just had to buy it, regardless that I don't have the space for it or the wine to put in it.


The store clerk loaded it in my car and as soon as I was backing out to leave, I saw a young man and woman in their 20's running towards me, the lady was red in the face, sweaty, crying and hysterical, "Ma'am, we have an emergency, we need gas for our car." She was standing by my side window and the man was behind my car. I told her to go inside the store and ask for help there, she started spitting on my windshield and screamed at me "You stupid bitch."

I backed up and the guy pounded on my trunk and she started screaming again, " Bitch, you just hit my boyfriend, you just hit my boyfriend." Now I got scared, I was fumbling for my cell phone and called 911. When they saw me talking on my cell phone they started running away from me and I watched them cross the heavy traffic to the bridge to the east side of the freeway. They kept running until they were out of my sight. The 911 operator kept me on the line getting more description of them. I was shaken but not as much as feeling sorry for them because I know they were high on something and after all, they are someone's kid whose parents are out there wondering and worried about them. I think God put them in my path so I can pray for them -God spared me from them and extended His grace to me, so I have no choice but extend the same grace that I was given.

No comments: