Saturday, August 15, 2009

Restless weekend

I'm catsitting this week because Chat and John are in Wisconsin for Road America. I could not find the spoiled grandkat when I came in because he was hiding in the bathroom.

One of my instructions is to take grandkat out to the backyard so he can see his friends -the wild bunnies.

I came back to my apartment yesterday and baked bread. I like to make coco bread when I have the time. But too much work on the coco because I like the filling freshly shredded then caramelized. I made the red bean paste instead, but I don't like the pure paste sold in cans, so I bought the canned one then boiled a cup of dried azuki beans and mixed it with the paste. It gives the coarse effect and the added sweetness from the paste. Depends on how you like them,you can add more sugar.

Roll out the dough and fill.

It's better if you shape and fill the dough individually so the filling won't dry out in the baking. This one is dry but just fine with me.

No comments: