Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Road America

When Chat had her wisdom teeth extracted last week, I was a nervous wreck because Chat freaks out when it comes to needles.(Reason why she postponed this very much needed extraction for so many years) She was a basket case before they gave her the sedative, and after she got the sedative, she talked constantly like a drunk person.
And after the surgery as the nurse was wheeling her out to the car,I could tell she had been crying. And continued crying on the drive home. "Mom, they were so mean and violent to me, I kept telling the doctor to move over because Dad was behind him and he won't move over. Then I told him to tell the nurse to move over, he won't tell her."
I told her to pardon my refusal to accept her invitation to hallucinate with her, which of course ended 3 hours later. "Mom, the doctor is so nice and gentle, I really like him, he should be your dentist too."

Well, thank God that's over. Now it's her spoiled cat I have to deal with for the next 6 days because this morning they're flying out to Wisconsin for Road America racing. She won't be able to do as much because the dentist told her to baby her mouth for another week, but because she promised Brabham to see him and the crew, " I have to be there mom."
Last years Petit Le Mans (2008 Atlanta)

No comments: