Thursday, September 24, 2009

Communicate, Communicate

It is not good when we resent "something" or "someone" because our body reacts and manifests it in several ways. Anger, depression or anxiety is the common body response and it's very unhealthy to walk around with this baggage. We need to address the issue, find a resolution and resolve it. And resolve it quick.

So why am I huffing and puffing and boiling over and blowing up at work? Because I have not come to terms with this impending move of our office location. I feel that management should have consulted us (pee-ons) or at the least, informed us the minute they were thinking of moving and that they were planning to move to another location that would require us to expend extra gas and extra time to get there. I understand that in this present economy it is hard to get another job, but I feel that it's just common decency to give us advance notice so we can plan accordingly.

Like, in my case, if I had known 3 months ago of their plan to move, I would have taken another job offer, or accepted a marriage proposal from a man in Jibuti (I don't know where that is, I just know how to spell it) or eloped to East Timor or whatever. Or, move in with this man I met under the bridge who drove a wiggly stolen shopping cart (he said he didn't steal it, he planned to return it at another Walmart in another State - you know, like returning a Hertz rent-a-car?) loaded with his valuable cardboard boxes. But you know what I mean? Give us the option (to quit or go with the move) and not just assume that we're stupid and won't know that an extra mile means extra gas and that extra gas means we have to eat less.

Ok, so I lied. There was no job offer and no marriage offer and I am blowing things out of proportion because an extra 14 miles a day is not much compared to being jobless. Looking at things in proper perspective, my world has not collapsed, I still have so many things to be thankful for and one is, I like my co-workers and they like me and when I am blogging at work, like right now, they know not to come bother me bumming for more cream or sugar.
The other day when I told my friend about my resentment over this move he said, "Just go with the flow because your job sounds fun," "Yeah, it's about as fun as diarrhea," I said. And if I don't come to terms with this "move" and continue to sit here pouting and blogging, my boss may just make me have more fun at the unemployment line.

No comments: