Thursday, September 03, 2009

Slouching Towards Nowhere

My friend Lynn would lament, "This world is getting harder and harder to live in." My answer to her, (quoting my black friends) "I feel you girl, I feel you." You see, under the last US President - the rambling Bush, if you use the word "bomb" and "America" in the same sentence followed by some big word like " imperialism", you are in danger of being labelled a terrorist. Under the current prez - the dark skin overlord Barr, if you say "Christian" and "America" in the same sentence followed by any word that could be implied that you are proud of America and the founding fathers who were white, you are in danger of being labelled a racist.

My brain is so fogged up nowadays I can't retain much of anything when it comes to statistical or historical data but I think this is simple enough to understand. As for me, my bias and allegiance is undoubtedly towards America because I have seen the alternative which is my own country of birth. America allows me to prosper and thus enables me to send money and improve the lifestyle of my family (and the politicians) back in the Philippines. And, I am proud of my fellow Filipinos accomplishments - abroad or in the Philippines, but I have sworn my allegiance back in 1991 to this country called the USA. So really, I don't care how I am labelled, I still believe America is "da bomb."

No comments: