Friday, September 11, 2009

Today's photojournalism

When I started this blog in 2006, I had 3 readers: me, myself and I. Then it improved to 4 when I threatened my son in-law John, to read it. I love him because even though he's mostly busy and one of the top ranking engineer at TI, he still finds the time to read my blog without me begging or threatening him anymore. No one threatens Chat, but she now reads my blog because she hopes I would write about her cat - Tigger Ayrton Shriner. Then last year I wrote about Arnel Pineda and I started getting a lot of readers, ( More than 3) which I am so thankful for.

And seriously, my readers are what kept me going. I feel obligated and responsible to produce something worth your time but I know that I produce more silly and goofy stuff than something you can use to edify yourselves. And that again makes me grateful to ya'll - whoever you are, wherever you are. I am waiting to enroll in a photography class at the local college so I can take better pictures and capture moments that I can share with all of you. Pictures that would tell stories by themselves, so I don't have to. But until then, I just point and shoot whatever I fancy regardless if it holds meaning to you or not. Like this sign I bought the other day for my patio, but the bad thing was, I felt like the sign is not complete without drinking a margarita too, or at least that's what Jimmy Buffett implied in his song.
You know what really goes well with coffee? A blood pressure monitor and a corn bread.

No comments: