Tuesday, October 06, 2009

You hate yourself that Much?

We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us!" - By Golda Meir 38 years ago!!


The other day, in the Telegraph UK I read that Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is of Jewish blood. I can't explain why, but my heart softened for him after that. It's hard to think nice things of this man but sometimes I find myself praying for him, because I have this deep belief that even the most hardened criminal is really not that hard. Underneath that toughness, there's a need that cries out - a need to be understood, to be accepted and to be loved because in reality, they are very much afraid.

"Love covers a multitude of sins and perfect love cast away fear," says Jesus. I wish Mahmoud would listen to Jesus and stop all these vile he's been spewing. And of course, I'm aware that there are Jesus followers who killed, thinking they are doing a service for God. Another reason why religion is dangerous. It's relationship that will commend us to God, not religion. So Mahmoud, stop hating yourself and your people. You're scaring me bro'.

No comments: