Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Me, Myself and I

I toot my own horn when it comes to my Chatter. Because she is very well read there's no topic that Chat can't tackle, but I always tell her that people doesn't care how much you know -people wants to know how much you care. And care she does.

At the hospital waiting room last Saturday, while I was waiting for Cynthia's doctor to update us of her condition, Chat showed up and when she saw me crying, she started to cry too. She always told me that she's less concerned about my loved ones who have died because they are in a better place anyway, but she's more concerned about my coping skills. When I get derailed and unhinged, Chat would always recite biblical principles about life and living and in Cynthia's case she looked up medical articles about her condition and consulted daily with her doctor friends but when nothing seemed to comfort me, she said: "Ok, where do you want to travel, do you want to get away? I will pay for it." I said, I don't want to travel, I just want Cynthia to live.

Yesterday, I felt better mentally and emotionally because Cynthia woke up and started talking intermittently and my conniving brain started working too. Hmmm. I wondered where I should go - should I fly, should I drive, since Chat is paying I can stay at a nice hotel...hmm.
Yes, God has so blessed me with a daughter like Chat, and yes, I want to go somewhere but I also need to be careful that I don't go to the lowest form of humans.....me.me.me.

No comments: