Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Free but not healthy

Last Sunday, when I was at the Asian market, I stopped by the freebie table where a lady was handing out free tasting of glutinous peanut balls. If you buy a bag of peanut balls, you will get a free can of peanut soup. I thought: When did the Chinese learn to give free stuff? You can't even exchange goods after you leave their store, well, the freebie can of peanut soup had an expiration date of 2/2010. Anyway, while checking the cans of instant breakfast that she had on the table, I bought this one. It's ready to eat from the can,and it was really good- except I was thinking of the poisonous lead in the can.

God knows I'm not a health freak, but "canned" and "instant" just don't go well in my stomach. I looked at the ingredients in the can and I remembered the bag of blended black rice and some dried jujube in my pantry. The reason they were in my pantry was because at one point in my life, when I was struggling with hot as hell flashes and evil moods, I attempted healthy eating. But the healthy lifestyle just kills me, so I stopped. Anyway, wash the rice and the jujube then boil them to death, sugar to your taste and you can think you're eating healthy - at least the Chinese think so. This is really good though - I swear.

No comments: