Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Living it- whatever "it" means

I have made the decision to live the writer's life and with that comes the excitement of writing all day long. And being broke all month long. I had read that one way to get back at your kids is to spend all their inheritance, so I did. (if $399 dollars can be called an inheritance) I also worked on making her feel guilty by telling her sob stories about me just sitting at home and not going anywhere anymore and showing her that this is all I eat now. "Mom, I take you out to eat 3 times a week and I am sending you to Europe for your birthday,enough already and finish that book." Well, I decided to be more difficult so I said: "I am old and have this persistent writer's block, I need to live in Germany for at least 2 months to finish it." I had to throw in "old" to make her feel more guilty and obligated. Our phone conversation got disconnected and I haven't heard from her since.

No comments: