Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just to let you know

I met with an agent the other day and I came home rattled because of the direction he wants me to go with my book. Of course, he is not an editor, so he was not the final say-so. I appreciated his forthright advise and after talking to my editor friend, things are clearer in my head again.

A writer friend of mine, would sign her emails to me with the acronym BICHOK-"Butt In Chair Hands On Keyboard." Meaning, ideas in the head are nothing, if it's not put down on paper, and the only way to do that is to keep my butt in the chair and writing. I understand this, but another good friend is in the hospital since Saturday, so, everyday I am there and like right now, I am in a hurry writing this so I can go.

I have disciplined myself and as a matter of obligation to my readers, I try to post twice a week. Regardless that the posts are sometimes goofy and useless, at least you'll have something to read when you open my blog, but with writing the book and going to the hospital, which seems to have become the pattern of my life lately, I apologize to all of you. Promise, I will make it up to ya'll and acknowledge ya'll in my book. Should I put LOL here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take your time, and take care of yourself, too, ritchie. sometimes we take care of other pople and put ourselves last. be happy