Thursday, April 22, 2010

Don't Just Do Something - Stand there

At some point in your life, you'll encounter people who will not give you the steam of their pee or give you the time of day even if they're standing by Big Ben. So what do you do with this kind of people?

I have this friend (at least I thought he was) sends me forwarded messages everyday, but when I asks him for information on subjects I am researching on, he just ignore my email. I understand people have lives and are busy, but what happened to simple decency of simply telling me he does not have the information I am asking for? No wonder he's got an F in business and family life.

The reason this is cracking my eggs, is because when someone needs something from me, I don't just ignore them. If I have it to give, I give it to them. There's a dialogue on Slumdog Millionaire that I love - when Jamal told the policeman that he had the answers - so he gave it to them. "When someone asks me a question, I tell them the answer." He said. That's what life is all about, if it's within your power to give, Give. There's a running commentary about the difference between a man and a woman and it goes like this: When a woman says, "I'll call you" she means she'll call you when she gets home. But when a man says, "l'll call you" he means he'll call you in his lifetime. And since I don't have a lifetime to wait for people to answer a simple question, I'll just employ Yahoo's blocking system and block this friend's email address from my life. Well, maybe not that drastic, but then again, why not?

No comments: