Friday, April 02, 2010

Midnight rambling

I have accomplished what I set out to do - the book is done. It is now in the hands of my technical writer friend (I can't afford a professional editor) then finally to my critique group. I should have the final manuscript done by the end of the month. I have considered self-publishing, but come to think of it, I may not do anything at all but just hide it in my drawer. Well, Chat can decide what she wants to do with it, after all, I wrote this for her.

Self-publishing is the way to go because I don't have time querying every editor in town and my stomach is too weak to receive all those rejection slips from traditional publishers. I should be happy that I've finally finished it, but I'm not. I feel that I'm out of direction again, so I need to get away from it and rest, because I'm feeling the great blackness coming on. Tomorrow I'm flying to Germany then on to Amsterdam and when I get back, I think I am going to the Philippines and try farming. I have an open invitation from Chat's father to live in some remote mountains of Negroes, I think I'll take him up on it. I think I'll raise chickens and goats and build me a hut and write under an oil lamp...hmm. But then again, who knows what I'll do after I get out of this doldrums. Right now I just need to sleep.

1 comment:

kayumanggi said...

yay!!!!! at last! will there be a book signing? you must be very proud of yourself, just as your friends are proud of you!!!