Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brain Fog

As you can tell, my blog posts have become less and less each week. Believe me, I wish I could do more. I am now on the second draft of my book and writing a page a day is barely possible. The memories and the stories are lurking somewhere but to put them down in a coherent and flowing manner is a struggle. "What seems to be the problem?" This is a typical question from people who are not writers and those who doesn't have my "brain fog."

What is a brain fog? Imagine yourself driving to work one morning and you're only able to see 2 feet ahead. You drive very slow because it is hazy and blurry, and to go beyond that 2 feet is like pushing through and peeling past the thick cobwebs.It is distressing to say the least. In actual driving in the fog, you either pull over and drive again when the fog lifts off or you keep driving slowly until you see the bright light several miles down the road. Every day now I have to employ both approaches in my writing because the fog is not lifting.

What causes brain fog? So many things - either biological or physiological. But it's never too late to try and help our brain and body. Of course I understand how hard it is to change our thinking and our eating habits. But let's not beat ourselves for not taking care of our minds and bodies when we were young(er). Let's just go from here.

1. Think positive. We live the way we think.
2. Stay away from anything toxic. This could mean friends, foods or families.
3. If it's within our means, let's start eating organic meats and vegetables. We only have one capital -our body.
4. Stop nursing our hate. Forgiveness is easier on the body and good for our skin.
5. Get out of prison. Pay off your credit card.
6. Get liberated from the Jonese's. It's cheaper to drag them down.
7. Don't worry about tomorrow - you may not even wake up tomorrow to remember this line.

No comments: