Thursday, July 01, 2010

Interruptions in Life

Today is my 5th day without internet, so I am at Mcdonald's using their free Wi-Fi. I have stopped fretting about my internet service or lack thereof. Let's face it, none of these people on the other line cares, regardless that AT&T's opening greeting is "How may I make you a satisfied customer today?" Isn't that a hoot?

Whenever I get into less than desirable and contrary situations, my first reaction is to panic and get angry. I don't want my boat rocked, I don't want anybody shaking my tree or cracking my eggs and I want everybody to be on the same page with me. Is that too much to ask? I have become very Westernized about convenience and efficient living, so going to the library or here at Mcdonald's to access the web is too much deviation from my routine. A comfortable routine of surfing at home.

I am leaving on the 6th to go to Cabo and I will be gone for a month so I am fretting about my internet getting resolved before I leave, but it is what it is. So while I am howling at the moon, I might as well be thankful that I can get up and order pancakes with sausage and eggs, regardless that this daily visits to Mcdonald's is quickly driving me to the poor house. That or the nut house and I don't know which is preferrable.

No comments: