Thursday, August 12, 2010

Marriage...

Someone said that marriage is: When you like what he likes, so you live in the same house so you know where the chips and dip are kept. Sounds good to me.

I went to the library the other day and on my way out, I saw on the shelf a small green book titled Whom Not to Marry. The title got me curious, so without looking inside I added it to my basket. Then I noticed that the author is a priest. Deduct some points right there....what does a priest know about marriage? Here's some of his advice.

1. Never marry a man who has no friends for he won't be capable of the intimacy that marriage demands.
My perspective on it: It's better if he has no friends because then, they don't come and eat all the chips and dip.

2. Never marry a man who sends birthday cards to his ex-girlfriends.
To me this is a good sign because it shows his memory is excellent, which means
he won't forget mine, because trust me, he soon will be my ex too if he continues this card thingy.


3. Never marry a man whom your mother doesn't like.
No problem here. My mother's dead.

4. Never marry a man whom your children doesn't like.
No problem here either. Chat will love anyone who will marry me.

5. Never marry a man who is not honest.
I don't want him to be too honest. If I'm retaining water and bloated, I don't want him saying, "Pee it off, babe"

I don't seek out self-help books on marriage, but based on the few I've seen, it seems unfair that they're mostly to and for women. And I know that men have requirements too. The last date I had, told me that he requires a woman to come with her own medical insurance. When I told him I don't have one, but I have half a million dollars policy on my life(which of course is a lie), it only took him a gulp of his tea and he said, "Then you're fine." I just love an honest man, don't you?

No comments: