Wednesday, November 10, 2010

???Women

Gloria Steinem said that women have become the man they've always wanted to marry. This is a good observation. But I like Charles Boyer's observation better: "A Frenchwoman when doublecrossed, will kill her rival; the Italian woman would rather kill her deceitful lover; the Englishwoman simply breaks off relations----but they all will console themselves with another man."

Susan B. Anthony is not content with these observations though, she has to have answers: "The only question left to be settled now is, are women persons?" I would like to know too, but even old Sigmund Freud didn't have the answer: "Despite my 30 years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered, What does a woman want?"

Good question, which I don't have the answer for myself either.

No comments: