Saturday, January 29, 2011

Improvise and Indulge

Ok, am here in Cebu in my crib, in my postage-stamp-size apartment, and because it is that miniature, besides this on-the-wall hot water heater in the shower, I have no other conveniences like a kitchen or even hot water from the sink to wash dishes. Actually, I don't have a kitchen sink because when I built this addition next to my ancestral home, I only had in mind that I would only be here on short stays, therefore, I built it like it is just a hotel room. I have a bed and chair, refrigerator and a big bathroom, even twice the size of what I have in the US. But now I realized that this was poorly designed and I should have considered at least a kitchenette. Oh well, so I improvise.I just boil water and pour it on the plates in the sink.When I am here, there are so many fruits I like to eat, and of course, you'd think mangoes, but it's not. It's this fruit, sapote or we call them chicos here. In the US ,my favorite fruit is the persimmons, here, sapote it is.

No comments: