Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's just nerves....but it's killing me

Today is Thursday, the 26th of January and I am sitting here fretting over what I should do first: Dust and vacuum my apartment, pack for my trip tomorrow or sit here and tell the world how my friggin nerves feel like a wet and cold dog shivering inside me. My anxiety, if I let it, is about to get the best of me and make me a full blown hermit. This is the main reason why I push myself to continue doing the things I don't find enjoyable anymore. It used to be that the preparation and the anticipation of travel gets me high as a kite, but now, the amount of time I spend feeling nauseated and dizzy from anxiousness in anticipation of the trip makes me want to just crawl back in where Howard Hughes came out from. But then again, he and I only shared one thing in common.... and it's not money. So while he just goes out and get what he wants, I have to wrestle friends to share what they're snorting or guzzling that would calm my nerves so I can look like this, and make the trip..I can't be imprisoned by anxiety, or pretty soon I won't leave the friggin house anymore. So tomorrow I will endure the over 20 hours of travel time to my crib in Cebu, and if I make it there alive, I will treat ya'll to lots of pictures. I promise. Something like this one.
*Above picture I stole from this site:http://www.travel-philippines.com/locations/palawan/3-sabang.htm

No comments: