Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Cebu eating

I have been enjoying the cool weather here in Cebu that I haven't used my airconditioner since I arrived here. The downside is that the sun hasn't been out from behind the dark clouds. I went to lunch with some friends yesterday and my friend Tom keeps calling my attention to this door mat at the entrance door.

When I am here in Cebu, I normally don't seek out restaurants that serve American foods but after a month, I start to miss the good cuts of meat, as in steaks. And Tom being American who lives here now, is always on the lookout for restaurants serving authentic American foods. This restaurant we ate at yesterday is located right in front of Banilad Elementary school, it's called The Ranch. They serve good steak and pretty much "everything there is good" according to Tom. The owner who is also the cook came from California who opened this restaurant 7 months ago, and has a good following already. So next time you're in the island, check out this place.

I finally had to spend the money and bought a dining table because I got tired of eating and doing my chopping on the side of my computer desk. Really, this is not a dining table for midgets, it just looks like it.

No comments: