Sunday, April 10, 2011

Calling Mayor Rama

I read in the paper last week that the Cebu City Government has allowed the septic haulers to dump the septic wastes at the garbage landfill because as one council member said: If you don't let them, where would they dump it? I'd say these leaders have been dropped on their heads twice too many. Where would they dump it? So you're saying there was never a place for it before, but at the landfill?

Someone said that instead of focusing on the bad, I should instead try to see the good and promote the island. Promote what and to who? To the blind and to those who lost their sense of smell? I don't want to pay for a gym membership just to walk on the treadmill, so I have to go to Cempark, the cemetery to do my walking. It is the only place I find that is clean and quiet. (Thank God, dead people can't litter anymore.) But on my way there and on my way home, I'm turning blue from holding my breath.....garbage, smoke and diesel fumes everywhere. I feel that all this walking I'm doing is counter productive---yes, I will have strong legs but with zero lungs.

Mayor Rama, make a name for yourself, be the first and only mayor of Cebu to get a grip and understand that healthy citizens make for a wealthy nation. Only if that matters to you though. If the mayor of Makati can do it, so can you.

No comments: