Monday, April 11, 2011

Fertility and Senility

Forgetful has become my middle name now, so I thought I'd share this email from a friend.

With the advancement and new technologies regarding fertility, I wasn't surprised that my 63-year-old friend was able to conceive and give birth. When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, I went to visit. "May I see the new baby?" I asked. "Not yet," She said. "I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first."

Thirty minutes had passed, so I asked again, "May I see the new baby now?" "No, not yet," She said. After another few minutes had elapsed, I asked again, "So where's the new baby? May I see him now?" "No, hold on." replied my friend.

By now I was getting very impatient:"Well, when can I see the baby?" "WHEN HE CRIES!" she told me. "WHEN HE CRIES?" "Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?" "Because I forgot where I put him."

No comments: