Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kimchi etc.


Before I left Dallas to come here in Cebu, I was at a church dinner and one of the Korean ladies brought a dish that I really loved,but she didn't speak English so I could not ask her how she made it. I loved it so much, I thought I'd try and make it as I remember it. You know I don't like veggies unless it's fermented. She had apples in it, but I don't want to use apples so I used pineapple here. It's basically kimchi, but since I can't find the chili powder I used kimchi base in a jar. Remember, the trick to a good kimchi is in the brining. I brined the bokchoy overnite, then wash it really well, add the pineapple, garlic, green onion, ginger and kimchi base. You just have to approximate the ingredients, and adjust it according to your taste. This taste better after a day or two so I'm going to eat this tomorrow with fried tilapia.

No comments: