Monday, May 16, 2011

You're in a hurry? Go somewhere else...

I can't believe I've been here in Cebu for over 3 months now and I haven't done much in terms of pleasure trips or pleasurable activities. Unless you consider construction work pleasurable.

I've sworn to myself that I will never want to buy, sell, rent or do business here because I don't want to have to deal with any offices with the word "government" attached to it. And also because here in the Philippines, the people have no sense of urgency, (which, of course, to some degree has some merit in itself) and I equate "slow" with laziness. After several months dealing with business owners, store clerk, construction workers and electricians, I have concluded that the word "urgent" applies only to other people but not Filipinos-- it matters not if they're waiting for a jeepney or a kidney transplant.

I had to demolish an old shack.
Now what do I do with this open space?Uhuh... use it for this. If there's one thing I'd like to wish, it would be that I can go back in time when I hated cats.



















































No comments: