Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grumpy is my last name

Cebu is not necessarily good for me. At least not for my writing. In Dallas, I live for my blog; almost everything I do and think of I want to share with readers of my blog...it's also my way of releasing pent-up thoughts. But here in Cebu, my thoughts are mostly negative so I would come out sounding like a grumpy old woman if I write about everything I feel. But let me go ahead and be grumpy anyway.

1. There's just too many people. Who can't stop having little people. I don't know how these people can have intimate moments to produce little people when there's no private rooms in their shack and there's at least 10 people in there already. You'd wonder why the rich, who has air-conditioned bedrooms suitable for making little people knows to stop after having 3 or 4? Is it because they have cable tv while the poor only has 3 blurry channels?

2. There's just too many people. And too many contraption with wheels to carry these people around. I can't walk the street without having to worry about being hit by a pedicab, motorbikes, jeepneys and cars--Which most of them could pass as a remnant from Hiroshima.

3. There's just too many people. And they burp proudly, smoke endlessly and spit unsparingly. Next time you're here, observe, and I challenge you to prove me wrong on this one.

4. This really is not my last complaint but I better stop anyway. There's just too many people with very few toilets---at least a working toilet. Not even in our so-called Cebu International Airport.

Ok, so you can say I have OCD and that I'm in the wrong city, mixing with the wrong circle. Well, I can only write what I know. I can't write about something I haven't experienced and really these are not isolated cases. In fact, the other day when I took my boy Santino to go swimming in this members-only pool, some man blew his nose, flicked it on the side of the pool then proceeded to spit.


No comments: