Monday, August 15, 2011

Just another day....

Today is Santino's birthday, exactly a week after I got him, we have a grand celebration of rice, mung bean soup, cake and french fries. Well, at least Santino thought it was grand. He understands that I even have to forego massages and trips because I now have 2 more mouths to feed besides Jordan. And Jordan is at this age now where the only thing he doesn't eat are the pots and pans. But God in His perfect wisdom knew when to bring me another child to take care of. Jordan is 16 years old and still a nice and gentle soul. He wakes up at 530 in the morning, cooks breakfast for all 3 of them, then he makes sure Santino bathe before he goes to school with Gerry Mae, the girl I took in 3 months ago. Now remember, I did not wake up one morning and decided this is what I wanted to do....adopt 2 more kids in my old age. Jordan, Santino, Gerry Mae and their friends.

When fun was over, Gerry Mae told Santino he needs to do the dishes. Gerry Mae is the youngest of the 3 but she bark orders at the 2 boys. She drives Santino crazy but he loves her and calls her "litter box" because she takes care of Winnie's litter box.

Jordan is the cook, the one who does the marketing and tutors Santino. Gerry Mae thinks she is smarter than the 2 of them so she calls them"dumb" and could not stand it when they don't pay attention to her. Now Winnie here, he could care less if you pay attention to him or not. As long as he is full, he is happy.

No comments: