Friday, September 02, 2011

In the moment

I am now back in my apartment in Dallas and in spite of this mind numbing jet lag, I can hear my thoughts. I am thinking about how grateful I am to God for this country He has allowed me to be a part of; where the streets are orderly and free from diesel-guzzling, fume-emitting, world war II remnants --the 4-wheeled carcass called jeepneys. And where Haagendaz ice cream is 1/4 the price of what it costs in Cebu. Right now I am very happy. I say right now, because as you well know, I am too restless to linger too long in that happy zone.

My 12 year old car is dead in my garage but I am happy because I am bumming Chat's Land Rover. She asked yesterday : "Do you want to use the Mercedes or the LR?" "What's an LR?" "Mom, you are jetlagged." Well, after 7 months of riding trisikad or habal-habal or the 4-wheeled carcass, my brain wasn't conditioned to think of German engineering, much more a LR?

Because I am perch high on it, I feel tall. It makes me look like I have good credit. But I can't linger in this utopia either because when I pumped gas this morning, my eyes got misty and it wasn't from missing the trisikad. It must be the price of gas.





1 comment:

Brenda Mage said...

Welcome back!