Monday, October 10, 2011

Distractions, A-musement

When I said I haven't watched television for more than 10 years, I didn't mean it's because I didn't have a tv set. I have one the size of a chest freezer, but who cares, it's strong enough to hold books and whatever I wanted to load on top of it. Chat tried to convince me that to get the most out of my chest freezer, I need to at least have cable, but I just could not be talked into that because watching tv does not make me intelligent, or improve my memory. One thing it does, is make my bones stiff and my butt wide.

"When you read, you sit on your butt for hours, so what's the difference with watching tv?" "Just leave me alone." Is my constant answer. But the other day, I just could not resist it when she came with 2 men to install this wide and flat contraption in my bedroom. "Now, look mom, this is called Netflix video streaming. No pressure, you watch it when you want it." I admit, I heart the thing. And I heart it sooo much. But I'm not stupid, I know why Chat's doing this, she's worried I'd get into seniordating.com again if I'm not distracted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miracles do happen... hahaha...Now you can start watching my Matthew... :)

MiMi said...

That guy in flyfishing is cute.