Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Friendships

My days are winding down to where I would yet again bear the over 20 hours of travelling time back to my island of Cebu. Suddenly my days are full; getting last minute items I need to take or to ship to Cebu, meeting different sets of friends for coffee, lunch or dinner. Yesterday, I was with my writer friends for coffee then I had to rush after, to take my other friend out to lunch for her 88th birthday. She is such an anchor for me because she is a praying woman. I am blessed that way. Nothing more comforting than knowing that there's people out there petitioning God for me, wherever I am. In fact, last Sunday night I had my other set of friends who came to break bread and pop the Pinot cork, as we read bible verses and before they left, each one prayed for me.

I could have asked Mrs. B (I like to call her that) to blow out a few candles but I forgot to bring some. She could very well blow all 88 of them because her lung capacity and mental acuity far exceeds mine. Really, she beats me in just about everything---imagine 6 years ago, she remarried at 82.

No comments: